Jesus loves me this I know. Debra Wants me this I know. My kids appreciate me this I know. My church encourages me this I know. My Life Group cares for me this I know. Everything else I know, I will share with you.

Wednesday, May 25, 2011

What to do with Teenagers?

I had lunch yesterday with an amazing young man about to graduate high school. I really like to do this because not only do I get to know amazing people, I get the pulse of where the next generation is going. and here are a few things I learned.
1. The next generation will see the greatest movement of God ever. I believe God is preparing to do something great with them which is why it is ever so important to invest in them.

2. The way they are going to do church will be very different than the way we do it. Which means lets not fight change, lets support it.

3. This generation wants a real walk with God. They don't want to waste years in religion and reform.

4. They do not want their parents faith. They've seen how we have messed things up and they want real relationships. They are not content with what but want to know why.

But I do have some concerns.

Will we listen to them in a way that makes them feel valued so that we can partake in their engagement, or will we continue to tell them what they are doing wrong?

Will they come to us because they have to, or will they come to us because they see value in our wisdom and love?

Will we fund their spiritual growth or fight it?

My concern with the next generation is not will they succeed, but will we be a valued part of their success.

That's why we must get behind them now, so that they see, that we believe in what God believes in......them.

No comments:

Post a Comment