Jesus loves me this I know. Debra Wants me this I know. My kids appreciate me this I know. My church encourages me this I know. My Life Group cares for me this I know. Everything else I know, I will share with you.

Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Dads Study Chapter 5

Daniel chapter 5 is the story of the handwriting on the wall. Belshazzar, a new King, went into his treasury and brought out the cups from Gods temple and began to get drunk with them. What happens next is important.

A strange figure of a hand appears and writes on a wall.  MENE, MENE, TEKEL, and PARSIN. This freaked the king out not only because a hand writing on a wall without a body would be strange, but the king didn't know what it meant and soon he was sending for Daniel.

Again because Daniel was a man of Character and Faith God gave him insight into the realm of God. The writing was a judgment upon Belshazzar's godless life.
Daniel 5:26-28 (ESV)
26 This is the interpretation of the matter: MENE, God has numbered the days of your kingdom and brought it to an end;
27 TEKEL, you have been weighed in the balances and found wanting;
28 PERES, your kingdom is divided and given to the Medes and Persians.”

But how does that impact us today? I believe that God is still bringing judgment upon those who reject Him and especially those who mock Him. I mean what if God said to you.............
God has numbered the days of your Job and brought it to an end.
Or, God has numbered the days of your marriage and brought it to an end.
Or, God has numbered the days of your life and brought it to an end.

Why? Because you have been weighed in the balances and found to be stealing your tithe from Him
Because you've been weighed in the balances and found to be unloving to your wife.
Because you've been weighted in the balances and found to be an enemy of God.

and your job will be given to another.
and your spouse and children will be given to another.
and your life (blessings from God) will be given to another.

God is at work in the affairs of men and if we are paying attention to the WRITING ON THE WALL and repent, you will find that God is with you, supporting you, strengthening you, and honoring you. But if not don't be surprised when the wage of sin is death.

Praise God for men like Daniel who are open to seeing beyond the physical realm to understand and explain what God is doing in the Spiritual realm opening our eyes to what God might be saying to us.


2 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh!! Powerful, wise, true and bold! This needs to be plastered on the overheads! Can't wait to show this to Newt!

    ReplyDelete