Jesus loves me this I know. Debra Wants me this I know. My kids appreciate me this I know. My church encourages me this I know. My Life Group cares for me this I know. Everything else I know, I will share with you.

Monday, September 30, 2013

No One Man

This morning my heart was broken as a very important man from my life moved from here to there. His name is Rod Hockley and was the first song leader I ever knew. He was a gentle soul with a huge heart. A man who helped me take many positive steps in my relationship with Jesus Christ.

Listening to a message he preached he made a very important statement. "No one man builds a church." I know this because early on in my walk it was men like Rod, Duane Banks, and Ed Jasper who encouraged me to keep on keeping on. You were no "one man", but one of the important men who made a difference in my life.

Rod was a man of Faith, a man of Love, and a man of Hope. and now He is a man of Heaven.

Thank you Rod for loving me, encouraging me, and helping me along the way. You taught me to want a Mansion over the Hilltop, I just know that yours has solid tires and a good radiator.

You faithfully lived for God, now you live with Him. I'm happy for you.


No comments:

Post a Comment