Jesus loves me this I know. Debra Wants me this I know. My kids appreciate me this I know. My church encourages me this I know. My Life Group cares for me this I know. Everything else I know, I will share with you.

Monday, September 9, 2013

Big things do come in small packages

Today is my Daughters 24th Birthday and in honor of her I want to share how she changed my life forever.

#1 I am different because I am the father of a Daughter. Little girls have a way of making grown men weak. Much of my loving nature came from her coming into my life.

#2 I am different because I am the father of a tough Daughter. She has been through so much and still has room to smile. At times when I wanted to weep watching her go through so much, she would be smiling and giggling. Her smile is usually because she is up to something but its a smile none the less.

#3 I am different because I am the father of a Challenging Daughter. Her health (especially when younger) has always been a challenge. Her physical problems made me grow up, man up, and step up.

#4 I am different because I am the father of MY Daughter. She is so much like me and I love that about her. She can be funny, she can be confident, (others say arrogant ~ only the insecure ones) she can be Crazy, she can be Caring. (OK the caring part came from DJ.) I can see so much of me in her and it makes me happy.

#5 I am different because I am the father of a Beautiful Daughter. She takes after her mom there, both inside and out.

#6 I am different because I am the father of a Daughter who will be an amazing wife.
I look at here and see so many strengths that will make her a great addition to any man. (Love You too Darrick)

#7 I am different because I am the father of a Daughter who will be a GREAT Mother.
I watch her with children and know that they will be loved, and cared for, but also be challenged to be greater. I am so Proud of her.

#8 I am different because I am the father of a Forgiving Daughter. I made so many mistakes in raising her. I led us into Bad religion and busyness of life, and yet she still loves me. That changes You.

On September 9 1989, a small package came into my life and changed it forever. I love you Kasey and so proud of the woman you have become and look forward to watching you be changed by your children as well. (he he)

You truly are a Gift from God and are one of the Biggest things to ever happen to me

Happy Birthday

2 comments:

  1. I Love you Ms.Kasey, Happy Birthday SJ

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well this made me cry! Love these honest words!

    ReplyDelete