Jesus loves me this I know. Debra Wants me this I know. My kids appreciate me this I know. My church encourages me this I know. My Life Group cares for me this I know. Everything else I know, I will share with you.

Wednesday, April 6, 2011

The Power of Self Confidence

When questioned by the Jews in regards to who Jesus was, Jesus said this.
John 8:58  Jesus said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Before Abraham was, I am.
He knew who He am. (sorry about the grammar but it works)
He knew why He was here.
He knew what He was supposed to do.

He didn't say, I was......
He didn't say, I think.....
He didn't say, I should......

His self confidence empowered Him to finish the work God had sent Him to do.

Over the years I have struggled with self doubts. Who am I really? Whats my purpose? and What do you want me to do with my life God? These doubts have at times left my life in limbo. Rather than being confident with my life I have been controlled by my lack of such.

To combat this I have tried praying for Boldness as I believed that the New Testament believers did. Yet I still struggled. I also tried making myself become confident but it always comes out arrogant. And I know that I am not the only one. So this morning I am going to share a couple of thoughts that hopefully might encourage you in the confidence department of your life.

1. Know who you AM.
Right Now. What AM You.
Are you Saved? Check
If your Saved, your a Child of God. Check
If your a child of God, your Loved. Check
If your loved of God, your Safe. Check
If your Safe, your Confident. Check
If your confident, you can Conquer. Check

I AM Saved.
I AM Loved.
I AM Safe.
I AM Confident.
I AM A Conqueror.
I AM Certain.

Read Romans 8:31-39

That is who we AM in Christ.

2. Know what you ARE.
Recognize that God created you specifically to fulfill His will on the earth. YOU are here because God needed YOU. Not someone different. He created YOU with YOUR strengths and weaknesses to carry out His work. Jesus knew that He was EXACTLY the person God had created for the work of the Cross. John could not have done it, Peter would not have done it, Thomas would have doubted it. But Jesus did it! And God created WHAT YOU ARE to do WHAT HE NEEDS.

You are PERFECT for What God has called you to.
You are only EMPOWERED to do what God has called you to do if YOU are the YOU He Created.

So, What ARE you going to do for God with what you ARE Today?

3. What are YOU Supposed to DO?
Take the AM you ARE and DO.
To do anything less, is to doubt the power of Christ in you.
You do not have to live powerless today.

I do not know what you will need Gods power for today, just know it is there for YOU.
Take the AM you ARE and DO and when your DONE you will be AMAZED at how EMPOWERED you ARE in Christ.

and like Jesus you will be able to tell all those doubters, I AM!

No comments:

Post a Comment