Jesus loves me this I know. Debra Wants me this I know. My kids appreciate me this I know. My church encourages me this I know. My Life Group cares for me this I know. Everything else I know, I will share with you.

Tuesday, June 3, 2014

#Scary

If you take the time to read the walls from this Sundays exercise, you would notice one bu# stood out above the rest. Fear. People are afraid to take steps of faith. Fear keeps them from experiencing God by faith.

Fear to Listen to the voice of God because of what He might ask ~ Go? Stay?
Fear to Leave your past behind ~ Let Go
Fear to Live without Earthly Security ~ Loss (Earthly things)
Fear to Look up at the Life God has for you ~ Lots of unknowns

While I could be wrong, I don't think that this fear comes from a lack of faith in God. Not with this group. I believe that it might be more about the fear of MORE loss in our lives.

I can't handle disobeying God one more time
I can't let go of my past, I've held on to it too long
I have so little to give up, to give up more would be to give up everything
I know God has a better life for me bu# I am having a hard enough time with earthly things.

I get the tension. I struggle with the same thoughts. But here is the problem,
This fear keeps us from God. They never allow God to give us hope for a better life and encourage us to experience new places in life. These fears never let us see just how God will miraculously provide and never let us live safely in His Kingdom.

These fears while real, never allow us to be truly safe and worse than that they never get us past the religious nature of Christianity.

Tomorrow we will talk a little more about that, but for today, Pray and ask God to open your eyes up to the root of your fears. This will be an awesome series.


No comments:

Post a Comment