Jesus loves me this I know. Debra Wants me this I know. My kids appreciate me this I know. My church encourages me this I know. My Life Group cares for me this I know. Everything else I know, I will share with you.

Thursday, May 17, 2012

Don't know why I am writing this today, but here it is.

I really don't like to diss on the Pastoral Role because by itself its hard enough. But sometimes you just have to say it.

Recently I heard of a very popular evangelist who was preaching at a Church whose pastor had an affair with a church member. The Pastor did not repent but instead removed the woman from the church to whom he had the affair with.

This Evangelist would not preach in my church, not because I have kept the integrity of my marriage vows, nor because I am devoted to Jesus, or because of my sincere desire to reach people for Jesus, but because I don't do church the way this evangelist thinks I should. This is true for many Pastors that I have known over the years.

Their biblical angle is the doctrine of Separation which the bible speaks much about. But why is it that Pastors encourage separation from Church methodology yet not encourage separation from immorality. And I am not just talking about Adultery. I believe that Hypocrisy is a major moral failure. One that Jesus fought the most against.

And so this morning I find encouragement in this.

Luke 9:49-50 (KJV) And John answered and said, Master, we saw one casting out devils in thy name; and we forbad him, because he followeth not with us. 50 And Jesus said unto him, Forbid him not: for he that is not against us is for us.
I may not agree with how many churches do church, but if their preaching in Jesus name, teaching salvation by grace through faith, their for us.

And while I choose to separate myself from those who are hypocritical in their faith and immoral in their lives, it is my hope that one day they might be restored unto a relationship with our Lord.

and as a Pastor I do not have to answer to other Pastors, but to my Lord, my family, and my church. and neither do you.

1 comment:

  1. I don't think you are "dissing" on the pastoral roll nearly as much as you are dissing on the training, programming and indoctrination they received from those training them for the ministry. If we are to be a voice for Jesus, how come so many churches today are just echoes of what they have been programmed to say and do? What happened to autonomy? Thank you for being a fresh voice preaching solid doctrine w/o all the traditions of men.

    ReplyDelete