Jesus loves me this I know. Debra Wants me this I know. My kids appreciate me this I know. My church encourages me this I know. My Life Group cares for me this I know. Everything else I know, I will share with you.

Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Don't Kill them, they are too cute

Growing up in Church there was a lot that I didn't know about how the work got done.
I just thought that like the rest of us we all just showed up and started church and went back home.
But then as I got involved in the work of God I realized that wasn't true. Behind the platform, beyond the classroom, ran little church mice. Most people didn't even know they existed or at least they ignored them. I mean who wants to know you have mice in your church. But they were there making sure that all the little things that most people take for granted got done.
Today, I want to expose a couple of them. Not to trap them, nor kill them, because they are content being in the shadows. But I think its important that you know that they are there.

 James Jackson
Long before many of you have even crawled out of bed on Sunday Morning James is down at the church. He turns your lights on for you to make you feel welcomed. He starts the coffee pots rolling so that you feel more comfortable. He checks the bathrooms out to make sure that you are cared for. His is the first face I see every Sunday and its always with a smile and the smell of coffee.

 Ron Isom
While most people after a service are thinking about Lunch, Ron is thinking about the next week. Ron is the man who puts things together. He works with the Music ministry, He works with the Video Ministry, He works with the Pastor and He makes us all look good. Ron is the face I seek when I want things to happen as he loves this church as much as I.

Be careful with them. Don't trap them by praising them or patting them on the back. They don't want your cheese, but they deserve your appreciation. So the next time you come to church know that they are there, and maybe send up a little prayer of thanks for the church mice of newLife and God will care for them.

No comments:

Post a Comment