Jesus loves me this I know. Debra Wants me this I know. My kids appreciate me this I know. My church encourages me this I know. My Life Group cares for me this I know. Everything else I know, I will share with you.

Tuesday, July 26, 2011

What Ever Happened to Sin?

Have you noticed how sin has fallen out of favor even in Christian circles?
Its not that we don't talk about it, usually in relation to others who are doing it.
and its not that we don't think about it, cause many of us are filled with guilt.

What I don't see is us getting specific about it. In our own lives.
I realize that we live in a Big Brother world where even our entertainment is all about watching others sin, talking about others sin, dwelling on sins that have been committed on us by others.
But I wonder how many of us are dealing with OUR sin?

Specifically.

The Apostle John says in His book that if we walk in the light as Jesus is in the light we have fellowship, but.........

If I SAY I have fellowship with God, but Sin, "I" Lie. vs 6
If I SAY I have no Sin, "I" Lie to myself. vs 8
If I SAY I have not Sinned when His word says I have, I am saying that "Jesus" is a Liar.

Sin leads us from God
Sin makes us something God did not intend
Sin makes us bring reproach upon the name of Jesus.

There is only one way out of this sin problem.
Get Specific about my sins.

I must Confess My Sin. Not that I am a sinner, not that I have done something wrong. Confession means to recognize the wrong and be as offended by it as God is.

Because if I Confess My Sin I can be Cleansed of My Sin.

Let me describe it this way.
No one cleans their whole carpet for a spot.
Clean the Spot and the carpet looks clean.

Maybe we ought to stop ignoring the spots and accepting that the carpet is dirty and deal with the sin.

Maybe our prayer ought to be........
Psalm 51:7-10 (KJV) Purge me with hyssop, and I shall be clean: wash me, and I shall be whiter than snow. 8 Make me to hear joy and gladness; that the bones which thou hast broken may rejoice. 9 Hide thy face from my sins, and blot out all mine iniquities. 10 Create in me a clean heart, O God; and renew a right spirit within me.


No comments:

Post a Comment