Jesus loves me this I know. Debra Wants me this I know. My kids appreciate me this I know. My church encourages me this I know. My Life Group cares for me this I know. Everything else I know, I will share with you.

Thursday, January 30, 2014

A Sad Reality

Soon, Kathy, my faithful co-laborer will be leaving newLife. She is moving to Fallon Nevada with her husband and granddaughter to retire. Its a sad reality of earthly ministry that not everyone who starts with you ends with you.

Not that this is a bad thing, but it is a sad thing. For years I have been telling Kathy to move to a dryer climate to help her husbands aches, I just didn't think it would happen.

Trust me, I could not be happier for Kathy's new adventure. She deserves it, but that does not mean I can't be sad. I never thought that she would not be with me until we retired together. Weve been through a lot together and I just believed it would always be that way. But with my sadness comes a Joy.

Joy that she will be happier as her husband is healthier.
Joy that she will be so much closer to her whole family.
Joy that she will get to experience God in a new way as He leads her to this newLife.

But her life has given me so much joy as well.

Joy in her faithfulness not only to newLife but to me as her friend
Joy in Spiritual growth that has totally transformed her life
Joy in her willingness to trust me when I even questioned myself.

While we spend 17 years working together at newLife, our time apart will be short as our Lord will return soon and maybe in heaven God will grant us the blessing of having mansions on the same block.

I love you Kathy Butcher and while my sadness will be short lived the joy you've brought me will last long into eternity.

Proverbs 17:17 (ESV) A friend loves at all times, and a brother is born for adversity.

 

1 comment:

  1. I've tried a couple times to make a comment, but it is so hard. I will miss you and DJ, I love you both and you both have been there for me for so long. I will miss newLife Church, and all it has become, and all it will become. It's real hard leaving, but God has given me an excitement and yearning to start the next step of our lives. I am anxious to find a new church, and not to "retire" but to continue to serve and grow.

    ReplyDelete