Jesus loves me this I know. Debra Wants me this I know. My kids appreciate me this I know. My church encourages me this I know. My Life Group cares for me this I know. Everything else I know, I will share with you.

Wednesday, January 16, 2013

"She" is the Church, His Bride, His Beauty

Yesterdays post spoke of someone whom I love very much, the church. She is worthy of that Love as she has changed my life ~in every way.

She gave me a Greater Purpose than myself.
Prior to meeting her, my life was lived for me and me alone. She taught me that I needed others and they needed me. As someone who struggles with people there has always been a strong desire to pull away and be selfish but she won't let me. She knows what I really need.

She gave me a Greater Power than myself.
While on the outside I may have looked as if I was very confident but the truth is I was very insecure and it came out as arrogance. But she wouldn't let my insecurities control me, instead she taught me to trust her with my heart. If I faced a fearful situation she would lovingly coax me to step into it because she believed in me. Through her I overcame my fear of people and of public speaking. She taught me of strengths that I never knew I had and weaknesses that I needed to overcome. She knows how Great I can really be.

She gave me a Greater Love than myself.
I know that sounds bad but lets be honest, when we don't feel cared for we tend to take care of ourselves as we are the only ones who are capable of love. Yet that love was sad and short lived and brought me nothing but bondage. Her love came in the form of acceptance as I am, appreciation for where I've  been, and compassion for where I might be soon. There is no one that Loves me as she loves me. She knows how to love me for who I am, not what I do.

She has changed me, and I love her for that. This is why I pray that I never hurt her. I never want her to feel as if I have betrayed her and I never want to be abusive towards her. We need her, I need her, our community needs her.

Ephesians 5:25

The Message (MSG)
25-27 Husbands, go all out in your love for your wives, exactly as Christ did for the church—a love marked by giving, not getting. Christ’s love makes the church whole. His words evoke her beauty. Everything he does and says is designed to bring the best out of her, dressing her in dazzling white silk, radiant with holiness.

Let's bring the best out of her

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for this devotion this morning, SJ

    ReplyDelete