Jesus loves me this I know. Debra Wants me this I know. My kids appreciate me this I know. My church encourages me this I know. My Life Group cares for me this I know. Everything else I know, I will share with you.

Saturday, November 17, 2012

A Letter to newLife

Last night I was reading a blog post that was written by someone about me. I know its a strange world but its true. Now it wasn't what was said that bothered me because critics come with the job. But what bothered me is that it bothered me.

We live in a world where men and woman have the ability to say anything they want about anyone or anything. I get that. But it bothers me that it bothers me. I see it on Facebook when a lady gets mad at someone. Its said and believed by "followers" of that person. It is usually not true but the followers care more for the writer than the truth. But it still bothers me that it bothers me.

Call me "Old School" but I thought the bible says that if you have ought with someone your supposed to go to that person, alone, with restoration not rebuke the goal?

Matthew 18:15 Moreover if thy brother shall trespass against thee, go and tell him his fault between thee and him alone: if he shall hear thee, thou hast gained thy brother.

and it bothers me that it bothered me. I am not upset with this person, in all honesty I understand his frustration, but it bothers me that it bothers me and so looking into my own life I came to this conclusion.......

...for the next two weeks I am unplugging. No electronics outside of the church phone.
If I am going to have a conversation with someone it will come face to face or on hand written card. If you want to talk to me you will need to find me.

I want to reconnect with people on a more personal basis.
I want my relationships to be more than a text, tweet, blog, or face book message.

But that does not mean that I am against these things nor does it mean that I won't be going back to them. It just means that I am taking a break. My Blog will be taken over by a few guests bloggers and the worship blog will be led by my lovely wife DJ.

I do ask for your prayers and understanding for the next couple of weeks, as it bothers me that it bothers me and I want to understand why.

See You Tomorrow

1 comment:

  1. Pastor, you are human. I think we all let things bother us at different times. What I can say is that I think you and your family are wonderful! I am sorry that someone has hurt you with their words, but I hope that mine encourage you. I am so thankful for your leadership and Dj's friendship and love and support. You both mean so much to me. I will be praying for you! Have a great two weeks being 'turned off' from technology. You'll be missed.

    ReplyDelete