Jesus loves me this I know. Debra Wants me this I know. My kids appreciate me this I know. My church encourages me this I know. My Life Group cares for me this I know. Everything else I know, I will share with you.

Thursday, December 5, 2013

I'm Not Sorry

"They" (my Life Group) tell me I say it too much. I guess I am always apologizing. I'm always saying that "I am Sorry" and I probably do. Maybe Sorry isn't the best word for me to express how I feel.
Maybe Sad would be better. I know they will chew me out for that as well but its true.

I'm sad at the state of Christianity ~ They really are negative
I'm sad at the spirit of some Churches ~ They really are Cold
I'm sad at the stands of some Self Righteous Pastors ~ They really are arrogant

and yes for years I have apologized not just for my own failures but the failures of others. Others who may have aided in creating a negative, cold, arrogant faith.

Christianity is the BEST Life we could ever Live
The Church is the BEST Place to Celebrate our Savior Jesus
and Pastors are in the BEST Position to recognize the greatness of Grace

So I am not Sorry ~ I'm Sad

Sad that those who do not know Christ, don't know how amazing being a follower of Jesus is.
Sad that many Christians spend their whole lives never experiencing an exciting church without judging it.
Sad that many Pastors hide behind their position instead of sharing their passion

But I can't be sad anymore.
Yes, I cant be sorry and I can't be sad.

Why? Because I'm a part of a group of people who believe that being a Christian IS the BEST Life we could ever live.
Because I am a member of a Church that LOVES to Celebrate our Savior Jesus.
and Because though I am a Pastor, my Church, my Friends, let me be a person.

Thank you newLife for the best year I have ever experienced as a Christian. I can't wait for 2014 and I'm not sorry, nor am I sad for thinking that.

1 comment:

  1. Romans 15:13
    Now may the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace in believing, that you may abound in hope by the power of the Holy Spirit.

    ReplyDelete