Jesus loves me this I know. Debra Wants me this I know. My kids appreciate me this I know. My church encourages me this I know. My Life Group cares for me this I know. Everything else I know, I will share with you.

Thursday, June 21, 2012

Clarity is Cleansing

I have often wondered what happened to me several years ago.
      What changed in me?
      What made me care less about tradition?
      What turned me against a certain kind of Christian?
      What made me want to be part of a different kind of Church?
      What drew me to positive messages in men and music?

 I began to see in Jesus Empathy and Redemption instead of dogmatic sermonizing.
And I liked it.
Through my pain and loss, Jesus came to me and rather than rebuke me for being human, He bent down and held me and loved me. Instead of remove Himself from me because of sinfulness, Jesus came to redeem me because He loved and wanted me.
And I looked out into the world around me and saw more like me than more like .
Sinful people who need to be loved and wanted, not looked down upon and left alone.

So I leave you with this as a testimony of clarity.



1 comment:

  1. LOVE this song Pastor thank you for posting...I hear it on K-love and I am never at a place where I can look it up...I want to live my life in a way that is proof of His love and His sacrifice...the world is uncomfortable with that...I will keep trying because of who I am and who my God is! Kathy Isom

    ReplyDelete